Monday 15 September 2008

The Phone Interview!



So today I got my phonecall!
That 10 minute phonecall was THE scariest experience EVER! It was all very informal, Lucca was very nice and tried to reassure me that there was no need to be nervous. All I was asked was -
- Confirm my details, E-Mail Address, D.O.B., University, Course, did I have a British passport etc
- What departure date I would like out of a choice of 3. I picked the latest one, June 21st (SORRY FROSTY I'LL BUY YOU AN EXTRA SPECIAL PRESENT!) so I would be able to spend a couple of weeks at home before jetting off!
- Do I have any tattoos or body piercings?
- Am I ok about sharing a room with someone from a different nationality?
- Would I be able to cope with long hours, 6 day weeks and Florida heat?
- On a scale of 1-10 how well do I get along with people I work with?
- Why do I want to work at Disney?
- Do I cope well with new situations? Like what?
- Do I often get bored at work?
- Did I have any questions?
And that was it! Barely a 10 minute conversation! Seemed a little anti-climactic after the absolute PANICKING I was doing from last night onwards! I was so close to hyperventilating by the time 11am came around! I think I managed to "bounce" anyway, no matter how un-bouncy I felt at the time! I feel panicky again just remembering it!
I immediately posted what I could remember from it on the http://www.wdwip.com/ discussion board to help out some other people (including the person who managed to pinch the 11.30 spot I wanted!). Then I came downstairs to tell Mum, who was frantically playing Solitaire while she waited for me! We then went out to the charity shop and the tip, then she treated me to a Bacon Butty and some chocolate to calm me down. I was shaking for quite a while after I finished on the phone! So now I have 3 weeks to wait until I hear one way or another about a Face to Face interview [F2F].
Wish me luck!
Fingers Crossed,
Charli

3 comments:

Janet said...

Good luck again :-)
Lots of love
Mummy
xxx

Anonymous said...

Awww, you will have been great. I am very nervous, im unsure of what to say, and i may get asked different questions, but i cnt see them being very different. All the best for your reply.

xxx

Josie Knight said...

Hey there :)

Well from the sounds of it everyone's being asked the same thing, all I did was see what the basic questions were and figured out what I wanted to say. I even typed it up and had it there in front of me on the phone!! Cheating I know lol

Best of luck, you'll do just fine :)

xx