Tuesday, 16 September 2008
You're all absolutely wonderful and I hope your interviews go well! Remember Lucca is really nice and she knows how nervous everyone's going to be. Just be yourself, you got this far because Yummy Jobs thought you had a Disney "something", and you applied for your love of Disney. You'll all do fine :)
And to everyon who's already had theirs, WELL DONE! Now we just have to wait and see what happens.
Fingers crossed for you all!
Monday, 15 September 2008
Oooh my God I've just had a phone interview to work at Disney World next summer. THAT WAS THE SCARIEST THING I'VE EVER DONE!!I want this job soooo much, it would be an absolute dream come true! I don't know how I'll get through however many weeks until I hear if I get the next interview or not!!AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!So, any advice on how to get through the next (3???) weeks without having a nervous breakdown?
Much more interesting than the calm recount several hours later, don't you think?!
So today I got my phonecall!
That 10 minute phonecall was THE scariest experience EVER! It was all very informal, Lucca was very nice and tried to reassure me that there was no need to be nervous. All I was asked was -
- Confirm my details, E-Mail Address, D.O.B., University, Course, did I have a British passport etc
- What departure date I would like out of a choice of 3. I picked the latest one, June 21st (SORRY FROSTY I'LL BUY YOU AN EXTRA SPECIAL PRESENT!) so I would be able to spend a couple of weeks at home before jetting off!
- Do I have any tattoos or body piercings?
- Am I ok about sharing a room with someone from a different nationality?
- Would I be able to cope with long hours, 6 day weeks and Florida heat?
- On a scale of 1-10 how well do I get along with people I work with?
- Why do I want to work at Disney?
- Do I cope well with new situations? Like what?
- Do I often get bored at work?
- Did I have any questions?
And that was it! Barely a 10 minute conversation! Seemed a little anti-climactic after the absolute PANICKING I was doing from last night onwards! I was so close to hyperventilating by the time 11am came around! I think I managed to "bounce" anyway, no matter how un-bouncy I felt at the time! I feel panicky again just remembering it!
I immediately posted what I could remember from it on the http://www.wdwip.com/ discussion board to help out some other people (including the person who managed to pinch the 11.30 spot I wanted!). Then I came downstairs to tell Mum, who was frantically playing Solitaire while she waited for me! We then went out to the charity shop and the tip, then she treated me to a Bacon Butty and some chocolate to calm me down. I was shaking for quite a while after I finished on the phone! So now I have 3 weeks to wait until I hear one way or another about a Face to Face interview [F2F].
Wish me luck!
I heard back on the 4th to say that they would be contacting me in 6-8 weeks.
On the 12th September I got an email off a LOVELY lady, Lucca, asking when I'd like my phone interview!! Oh I was so excited, well not so excited as mum who literally screamed when I told her I'd been offered an interview!! I replied straight away asking for an interview on the first possible day.
I got a reply saying that the time I'd asked for (11.30am) was no longer available, how about 11 or 11.45? Of course I went for 11, I really did want this ASAP!!