Monday 15 September 2008

For Amusement Purposes...


I thought it may be amusing to keep a record of a post I wrote on one of my various websites within minutes of finishing my phone interview...

Oooh my God I've just had a phone interview to work at Disney World next summer. THAT WAS THE SCARIEST THING I'VE EVER DONE!!I want this job soooo much, it would be an absolute dream come true! I don't know how I'll get through however many weeks until I hear if I get the next interview or not!!AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!So, any advice on how to get through the next (3???) weeks without having a nervous breakdown?

Much more interesting than the calm recount several hours later, don't you think?!

7 comments:

Janet said...

MUCH more interesting :-) And much truer to the actual events lol.
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Here I am now!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I can keep up to date on everybody's lives!!!!!!

Auntie S
xxxxx

Josie Knight said...

It's going to be a "at Disney" blog, including the stuff before (if I get through, obviously!) but I suppose I could keep it up to date with my doings between now and then!

Though I'm dreadful at keeping these sorts of things updated!! So bear with me :P

xxx

Janet said...

You've got readers now so you have to keep us updated lol.
Lots of love
Mummy
xxx

Whatshername's Mummy said...

. . . and some of us readers are flattered to already be linked too!

I've never done a phone interview - not sure if it's easier (they can't see you shake and sweat) or worse (they can hear you wobble and the thinking time is a yawning chasm (oooooww spelling?!))

Best of luck - Disney are hard task masters and remember in the US (is that where you'd be going?) they have very few holidays. Fab experience though and great to have on your CV.

Josie Knight said...

No problem Kate, I love following your blog and the pictures of Alice!

I did cheat a little, I'd already researched what I was likely to be asked so I had an idea of what to say so there wasn't as much "yawning chasms"!

Oh yeah I've heard that working for Disney is REALLY hard, as is America generally as they expect ABSOLUTE PERFECT SERVICE. But I'm not afraid of hard work, and I have no intention of giving them reason to fire me or give me a hard time. And besides, I'd be learning from the best about how a business is run!

I'm really excited but I have no false impressions about how hard it is, I looked into it a LOT before I applied.

Thank you for the comment and luck :)

LMS